This is a contributors guide and NOT a user guide. Please visit these docs if you are using or evaluating SuperTokens.
This is just a proposal so far, it hasn't been accepted and needs further discussion.
To support certain OIDC features, we'd need to add new columns to the tokens/auth code table.
One example is
nonce using the authorization code flow:
- we would need to reflect the
nonceadded to the request creating the auth code in the id token
- the id token is created by the later tokens call in this flow by which time we do not have access to the original query params
- Add a separate column for each type of query param
- Store the original query params creating the tokens/auth code
Chosen option: Store the original query params creating the tokens/auth code
- Simplifies Core implementation
- Choosing to support new features later doesn't involve DB change
- A new column/prop is added into authorization codes and access tokens + related responses
- This will contain all the query params that were used when creating the auth code - so only applicable for the auth code flow.
- We give the query param string wherever we given back token info.
- The format of the string will be
param1=value1¶m2=value2(the core should check the format of this). We want to maintain the URL encoding on this string.