This is a contributors guide and NOT a user guide. Please visit these docs if you are using or evaluating SuperTokens.
This is just a proposal so far, it hasn't been accepted and needs further discussion.
Since the backend SDK's recipe APIs query to check the core about if the recipe is enabled for the input (or defaul) tenant, what is the desired initial state of default tenant in the core?
- Do not create a default tenant in core, assume all recipes are enabled if config not found
- Do not create a default tenant in core and assume no recipes are enabled by default.
- Create a default tenant in core with all recipes (emailpassword, passwordless and thirdparty) enabled
Chosen option: Create a default tenant in core with all recipes enabled, because
- Best user experience with statically configured recipes
- Recipe APIs can check if the recipe is enabled without having to handle the corner cases