This is a contributors guide and NOT a user guide. Please visit these docs if you are using or evaluating SuperTokens.
- rishabhpoddar, bhumilsarvaiya
- Proposed by:
- Last updated:
Should we use existing signup API for post login account linking or should there be a different API for the same?
- use signup API to also do account linking post login
- have separate API for account linking post login
Chosen option: have separate API for account linking post login, because
- Purposes are very different of the normal sign up vs post login account linking API
- We do not want to pollute the output types of normal sign up API for people who are not using account linking
- The things you want to do post sign up are most likely different compared to what you want to do in the post login account linking API. Having them both as the same API, causes issues in which users might end up doing post sign up stuff even in post login account linking API (by mistake).
Further details if necessary
See reasons listed in Decision outcome