This is a contributors guide and NOT a user guide. Please visit these docs if you are using or evaluating SuperTokens.
The user integrates this with their website / mobile app. The primary purpose of this SDK is to:
- Manage sessions
- Save tokens in the appropriate storage layer
- Allow users to read session info
- Automatically refresh sessions
- Remove session tokens when needed
- Provide the auth related / login UI
- Control the routing aspects of the app
- For example, if a user is signed in already and visits the login UI, we want to redirect them to the success screen (a screen where the user goes to post sign in / up).
- Another example is that post login, if email verification is required, we redirect the user to the email verification screen, instead of the success screen.
- Allow the user to modify the recipe logic and UI as per their needs.
For the various operations provided by the SDK, we must query a set of backend APIs. These APIs are exposed via our backend SDK and the API spec is known as the frontend driver interface (FDI).