To get started with SuperTokens, you first need to install and run the SuperTokens core. Please follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Sign up
- Sign up by visiting this page
- The sign up form asks you to choose a database - this is where your app's session data will be stored.
dashboard to download SuperTokens core2) Go to your
- For the listed app, select for which platform / OS and which version of SuperTokens you would like to download.
- You can also change the default app name.
- Click on the download button. This will start a zip download
3) Install SuperTokens
Once downloaded, extract the zip file and run the install commands.
sudo ./install [--path=path location] [--with-source]
./install [--path=path location] [--with-source]
Rem run as an Administrator
install.bat [--path=path location] [--with-source]
--path=path location: Specify the relative or absolute installation path for SuperTokens. If not provided, the installation path will be as follows:
--with-source: If this is set, then all third party dependencies will be installed along with their source. This option has no affect on the execution of SuperTokens.
4) Configure SuperTokens
Before you can start SuperTokens, please set the relevant configuration options.
5) Setup database
Please visit the relevant database page under the Database Setup section
6) Check installation
Verify that SuperTokens has been installed correctly by running the following command:
7) Other CLI commands
To view the list of available commands, for example to start, stop, list SuperTokens processes, run:
Head over to the CLI docs to learn more about the available commands.
8) Integration with APIs and frontend
- Go to the Driver Integration section to see documentation for integrating SuperTokens with your backend APIs
- Go to the Frontend SDK Integration section to see documentation for integrating SuperTokens with your frontend clients.