This is a contributors guide and NOT a user guide. Please visit these docs if you are using or evaluating SuperTokens.
This is just a proposal so far, it hasn't been accepted and needs further discussion.
We want to record any decisions made in this project independent whether decisions concern the architecture ("architectural decision record"), the code, or other fields. Which format and structure should these records follow?
- MADR 3.0.0 – The Markdown Any Decision Records
- Michael Nygard's template – The first incarnation of the term "ADR"
- Sustainable Architectural Decisions – The Y-Statements
- Other templates listed at https://github.com/joelparkerhenderson/architecture_decision_record
- Formless – No conventions for file format and structure
Chosen option: "MADR 3.0.0", because
- Implicit assumptions should be made explicit. Design documentation is important to enable people understanding the decisions later on. See also A rational design process: How and why to fake it.
- MADR allows for structured capturing of any decision.
- The MADR format is lean and fits our development style.
- The MADR structure is comprehensible and facilitates usage & maintenance.
- The MADR project is vivid.
We've also decided to add this to our docs repo and to modify the original templates to fit our structure.